Bramley Helping Hand is a community intitiative to fundraise and offer practical help and financial support to all members of our local community.
You may have noticed our 'Honesty Trolley' in the church porch - it is for basic items and the sign says:
to take what you need
to donate, if you are able.
Honesty Trolley: Thanks to the postcard through every door in Bramley, plenty of items have been collected from our Honesty Trolley - which is great news! We could do with some donations into the trolley:
· Tinned tomatoes/ pasta sauce
· Lentils, beans and pulses
· Tinned meat
· Tinned vegetables
· Tinned fruit
· UHT milk
· Fruit juice
· Essential non-food items: Toiletries, hygiene products
"Bramley Helping Hand" could be for you, your neighbour or anyone living in Bramley – it’s going to be a challenging time for some members of our village and - let’s face it – we all need a helping hand every now and again.
Email from Bramley Helping Hand (sent 21 October 2022):
Community Lunch 15 October 2022
Including all just giving donations the Community Lunch on 15 October raised £1,175 - an amazing result. Our thanks to everyone who helped; especially to Patti and her team of chefs. As you know Helping Hand is not a one-off event; we will be announcing ongoing fundraising initiatives in coming months ,so watch this space!
Your collective feedback has been invaluable; here are some of the fantastic ideas we collectively generated:
- Set up a free to access community 'fridge'/ store room in Bramley which all of us can access, add to or use;
- Fully utilise and extend existing village facilities - for example Bramley Library and our church spaces. eg coffee mornings and providing dedicated workspaces.
- Register with warm spaces nationwide initiative at Warm Spaces
- Set up monthly 6 weekly meal provision rotas;
- Ensure transport facilities such as Bramley Wheels and the Hoppa community bus system are fully advertised, utilised / and potentially subsidised by Helping Hand;
- Ensure villagers are using Smith's charity - please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are able to refer anyone or know someone who may be able to use this resource - the funds are available now. All enquiries are treated confidentially;
- Helping the vulnerable in our village - offering a lift to the shops, or to walk their dog on a regular basis?
- We are focusing on setting up Bramley Helping Hand as a charity with a core committee and putting some of the above initiatives in place soon.
- We hope to create and mail a leaflet around the village to show all of the facilities which will be in place for us all through the coming months.
- Confidentially we all need to work to identify fellow villagers who will benefit from support over the coming months, including Christmas.
- Identify how we can financially help - be it specific vouchers or help with one-off larger items eg white goods.
We need your help
- share the link to this page or shorturl.at/cO357
- talk to your neighbours and friends about Bramley Helping Hand.
- contact us on email@example.com confidentially if there is anyone you know who may benefit from assistance.
Jane and the Helping Hand Team
Jane Austin – Bramley Fete Chair
Reverend Andy Davis – Bramley Holy Trinity Church
Murray Campbell – Bramley Fete President
Richard Seaborne – Bramley PC and Waverly Councillor